Nicki Minaj FINALLY releases first single entitled "Massive Attack"

Posted by WODU Radio | Posted in | Posted on 12:03 PM

Not only does Nicki Minaj hang out with Lil Wayne and Drake, but according to her new song, "Massive Attack," she also chills with Mr. Miyagi and the Phantom of the Opera.








The wait is over: Minaj has released her first official single. The track hit the Net on Monday night, and Funk Master Flex blasted off on Hot 97 with it. The track fuses hip-hop and dance, and Minaj adds a little international flavor by spitting some lyrics with a Caribbean accent.



"So, so hot in here it feels like a jungle/ Me don't like boys that ain't jumbo," she raps. "You know I got the ammo/ That's why I bulletproof the Lambo/ In the Middle East on a camel/ Running through the jungle, Rambo/ Liberace tango/ Swinging on a vine, mango/ So, call me Simba, little mama, 'cause Mufasa couldn't stop her ... ."



"It's produced by Sean Garrett and Alex the Kid," Minaj explained to MTV News recently in New York. "The beat, as soon as I heard it, I was in Africa being captivated by crazy drums. It's a very rare. ... You're not gonna get the song the first time you hear it. After the second or third time, you're gonna be like, 'Whoa, what is this?' It sounds nothing like anything that's out right now.



"It's so next-level futuristic," she continued. "Shout-out to Sean, because one thing, he's great with getting that other-level creativity that other people don't get. So, since I heard his writing style, I always wanted to collabo and work with him. I felt that he's one of the people that would get me, get my personality and get that on a record and choose a beat that would illustrate Nicki Minaj. And he did."



Garret told Mixtape Daily in February that "Massive Attack" is "explosive." "I can't wait for y'all to hear it, man," he said. "It's just given me a lot of time to create some real special music that's a lot different from what people expected.



"I'm really, really excited about Nicki because I think that what Nicki has understood is that she can do whatever she wants to do," he continued. "She's a dreamer just like myself. I feel like when you're creative ... it's basically like her whole image thing. She's taken her image to a whole other level with the whole Barbie thing. And I think she's very imaginative and her music's great and she's not scared of nothing. She's fearless. As long as you're fearless in life you can do anything."



Nicki and Sean shot the video for "Massive Attack" with director Hype Williams early this month in California. Amber Rose and the Birdman also make cameos.



"I kinda always like to do things in an unexpected fashion," Minaj said on the set. "I didn't want to shoot the typical new-artist vision. Thank god I have a wonderful label that stands behind me and my vision. I met Hype in a freakin' airport. I didn't recognize him without his dreads. We exchanged information, and it happened to be a week before I wanted to shoot a video. I told him the idea. Of course, I had to let Baby and Slim know and hope they would understand my expensive taste. It all came together."



Comments (0)

Post a Comment

ABOUT WODURADIO